Posts Tagged ‘Edufive.com news & updates’
Here are few steps to actually get a job in India for fresher’s and recent graduates currently searching for jobs:
1. First make an attractive CV. Work really hard on your CV as this will be basis of your entire job search. See how and use the tips :http://edufive.com/StudyHelpDesk/cv-tips.html
2. Prepare a cover letter / cover Email highlighting your skills and tell the why they should hire you.
3. Create a profile on popular job sites – naukri.com, monsterindia.com, timesjobs.com, shine.com etc & start applying for jobs on these sites
4. Create / update your LinkedIn.com profile with latest info. Add your skills & Achievements
5. Scan the job section in newspapers daily & apply.
6. Subscribe to any Job news paper like ‘Employment News’ and apply for jobs from it.
7. Register with your local government Employment office in your area.
8. Tell people who are working that you are looking for a job – friends, family members , neighbors anyone.. Make a list of all of your friends, relatives, and acquaintances who are working with well known companies. Call each one and ask them if they know of any openings that they could recommend you for.
9. Search for job consultants / agents on internet , create a list of them and send them your CV. Never go to just one agency. Always go to as many as possible. It is easy and it increases your chances a lot!
10. Move to / relocate yourself to Metros where job opportunities are more like Pune, banglore, Mumbai, Hyderabad, Noida, Chennai etc
11. Contact you seniors from your college through social media such as Facebook, twitter etc who are already working and ask for openings in their companies
12. Attend Job fairs and Job seminars
13. Prepare well for interviews in advance. Practice your answers for standard questions in most of the interviews such as : ‘Tell me about yourself?’ ; ‘What do you know about us ?’ ; Where do you see yourself 5 years from now ?’; ‘what’s your future plans?’
14. Research the company. Become familiar with the past of the company. Who started it? Where? Who runs it now? Be inventive, and out do the other candidates.
15. When you go for the interview – dress appropriately to create the right impression
16. Prepare for a Situational interview. Be ready to answer questions such as “Describe a time you had to work with someone you didn’t like.” “Tell me about a time when you had to stick by a decision you had made, even though it made you very unpopular.
17. If you are still studying or yet to complete your course, try starting with volunteering jobs for an organization that focuses on something that you’re passionate about or part time assistance jobs. This will help you to have a good understanding of your future job as well can highlight in you CV. You should emphasize your volunteer experience on your resume, as companies that take care of their workforce well tend to favor candidates who help the public somehow.
18. Also another option is to be self-employed or an entrepreneur, in which case your mission is not to find and get a job, but to create a job.
19. So now stop complaining about no work, get off the sofa and go knock on doors with resume in hand. If you do that all day, every day, you will then be choosing which job you are willing to take.
Good luck folks… Send us you feed back ! Edufive.com/feedbacks
And Just a Warning before we wind up this article:
If you are doing a job search, you will get rejected sometimes. If you’re not getting discarded, you’re not putting yourself out there enough. And if you don’t learn to see rejection as a chance to improve your approach, then you’ll have a very hard time getting a work.
HOW TO GET THE JOB YOU WANT? – Edufive.com – Q & A Section
Edufive.com JOB BOARD
Find your dream job Now on our Job Board.
Edufive.com’s “Best Seminar Topics” Challenge-2012
Well here is the fun-pill that will warm your brain up & get it running. Join the Edufive.com’s “Best Seminar topics” Challenge 2012 and stand to win amazing prizes & Gift Vouchers for shopping,movies etc.
Edufive.com’s BST Challenge. is an Yearly Technical / Engineering Seminar topic contest that provides a creative platform for the young & vibrant Engineering and Science students to take their ground-breaking ideas to the next level.
We have launched some more brand new services from Edufive.com. This time we help you to set up your website starting from Domain registration to attractive hosting packages.Contact Site Admin for discounts, and combo offers for domain & web space (Hosting package) & more.
1 Year Unlimited Hosting @ Rs.999/- Only
Other Services :
RESUME MAKING/ WRITING
RESUME REVIEW/ APPRAISAL
SEMINAR PRESENTATION TRAINING CLASSES
ONLINE VISIBILITY FOR BRANDS
SOCIAL MEDIA VISIBILTY CAMPAINGS
FREE SEMINAR TOPICS
Our CEO, Aby Joseph has taken on board blogging as a new channel to communicate with people and customers from all around the world.
He commented “I will make a sure shot attempt to share my thoughts and reflections about Edufive.com,our partners, its status and the future on a regular basis . I hope you will find it interesting and useful, and I encourage you to share your ideas as comments”
You can see the blog here:
Resume making service Launched from Edufive.com
if you are worried about writing your resume, or struggling with the task, then do worry , we are here to help! You are probably aware that resume has less than 25 seconds to make the right impression, so it must be eye-catching and easy to read. A rightly toned resume will open the right doors and generate interview calls.
Get it professionally-written by our experienced team for a very nominal charge.
For more details see:
Join edufive.com – Seminar topics site
with Google Friend Connect.Log on to http://edufive.com & scroll down to mid page to join us.
What’s New in Edufive.com ?
We have been asked this question many a times by so many people. We always had an answer. Whenever a new page is put up we add the link to same in our dedicated page for updates- what’s New ? http://www.edufive.com/whatsnew.html This page is entirely dedicated to give you an idea of what are the new updates in Edufive.com. We usually provide a small description & well was direct link to that new page.
The reason behind why I am writing this is that we want all people who are following Edufive.com to know where to look for current updates.
We update our listing, related articles and other information regularly.(some pages even daily ).Keep coming back for new information. Bookmark Us! Or add to your favorites now!